Zinc carbon / chloride
Entry level standard battery
Zinc carbon/ zinc chloride is a long established and reliable battery technology. It offers entry level product for portable power applications.
Applications are in the more cost conscious devices where performance is unimportant, the current drain is low or the usage only intermittent.
Technical - Zinc carbon / chloride - IEC Code R
The key features are:
- Primary, non-rechargeable
- Available in two derivatives Zinc Carbon and Zinc Chloride
- Interchangeable with alkaline technology in many applications
- Nominal voltage 1.5V
- Maximum open circuit voltage 1.725V
- Energy density 110 Wh/kg - 200 Wh/L
- Temperature range -5°C to 55°C