Combined high voltage, high energy density, lightweight, long life battery technology.
Main applications: Photographic applications, utility meters and smoke detectors.
The main lithium photo formats are:
|IEC Code||Other Code||Comments|
|CR123A||DL123||Most common 3V photo lithium|
|CR2||DLCR2||Smallest 3V photo lithium for compact cameras|
|CRP2||DL223||6V photo lithium|
|2CR5||DL245||6V photo lithium|
|CRV3||3V alternative to 2 x AA|
Other specialist cyclindrical and thin formats are also available.
Technical - Lithium Managanese Dioxide - IEC Code CR
This is the main 3 volt technology. Although more expensive than alkaline it offers the advantages of:
- Higher voltage per cell (3V)
- Longer shelf life
- Good low temperature performance (down to -40C)
- In many instances, better pulse and high rate performance
The main features are:
- Primary: non-rechargeable
- Nominal voltage 3V
- Maximum open circuit voltage 3.7V
- Energy Density 450 Wh/kg 650 Wh/L
- Temperature range -40°C to 65°C