Are you seeking a new challenge for 2020 ?
Are you Technically-minded? Are you a recent Grad? Desire for learning new skills? Do you have an interest in science, math and electronics/electrical technologies? Are you a proficient communicator? Then if yes, please send us your CV and give us your reasons for applying to this opportunity.
This role is initially an office-based position and is designed to eventually* lead to a UK-wide, field-based position for the right candidate.
Who are we?
H-squared is the largest UK based distributor of Consumer Batteries, Industrial Specialty Batteries and Portable Power Solutions. We sell and support Alkaline/Lithium/Lead-Acid/Nickle-Metal-Hydride/Polymer/Gel/and a range of Technical Batteries sourced worldwide. We are constantly expanding our portfolio of products to better satisfy our wide-range of customers' and their specialised requirements.
Because of the variety and complexity of our portfolio and the increasing demand for 'customised' solutions for our industrial manufacturers and the importance of sustaining our in-house industry leading technical expertise- we have recognised the need for planning the future-proofing of the role. This is where you come into it.
Are you the right person for the role?
Candidates MUST HAVE an aptitude for understanding the basics of electronics / electrical theory and possess a desire to pursue a career based on this technology.
- GCSE maths and sciences will support your wider knowledge of Ohms law, resistance, capacitance and basic circuitry, energy flow in power systems and a keen interest to learn and then share your knowledge.
- This role is initially a learning apprentice under the auspices of an industry leading specialist with more than 40 years of experience and part of the company's planning for ascension. It potentially leads to a more field-based role covering the UK & Ireland, once your training and experience is proficient.
- An open, personable character is essential for the customer-facing aspect of the role.
- Someone living within a commutable distance to Shefford in Bedfordshire would be necessary for the time it will take training you and gaining a technical understanding of the industry and the science surrounding DC Power Supply design, applications and specifications.
- A dynamic and open-minded individual with a desire to achieve will do very well financially in a few short years within our profit-share based business.
- As part of a much larger business portfolio, we have significant financial backing and expect a 25% growth in the company sales turnover over the next 2-3 years.
- This role will eventually provide technical support to the sales teams and customers alike; discussing applications, providing technical solutions and actively closing the technical sales loop in many cases; the position provides an ongoing variety of functions - and will be exciting for any career-minded, technically savvy individual.
- Ongoing training/career opportunities
- Steady income & hours, 5 days a week
- Life insurance
- Company Contribution Pension Plan
- Profit sharing
- 25 days paid holiday
* Dependant on the individuals' learning ability and technical capability, sales training completion and customer-facing experience - (potentially taking up to 2 years or more)